Job Title : Senior UX Researcher
Function : UX Research
Location : Mumbai
Reporting To : UX Research Manager
Domestic Travel : Approx. 30%
Who We Are
We are the preferred UX partner for customer obsessed companies. We enable our clients craft great user experiences by opening a window into the lives of their customers & users. We partner with our clients in UX research and design by uncovering user needs, conceptualizing solutions and supporting product evolution. We love UX and are passionate about creating best-in-class user experiences.
#WeThePeepal: What Does It Take To Be One?
At PeepalDesign, we are passionate about everything we do (yes, we are saying it again)! A love for UX is non-negotiable. We expect each and every one of our employees to be curious and always pause to understand why. Researching and designing UX is about evoking emotions, which makes story telling a core ingredient of what we do. UX research and design is all about team work and we expect our people to embody the true meaning of being team players, which is learning from each other, sharing our learning with each other and helping the team deliver outstanding work every single time. Through this process, we develop and grow every day. Let’s hope that you have, what it takes!
A Senior UX Researcher has three key result areas: doing research, managing projects and clients. The individual must be able to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, resource-constrained environment. Multi-tasking and prioritizing will be key to meeting ambitious deadlines and delivering high-quality work on schedule.
- Manage project logistics by coordinating with:
- Recruiters to ensure high quality recruits
- Translators to ensure we have the right translators when required
- Transcription agencies to get transcripts as per client requirements
- Ongoing client communication
- Building client relationship to understand their needs and requirements and being able to cater to it
- Keeping them up to date on the progress of the project
- Handling escalations
- Plan, manage and execute all types of design research projects end-to-end thoroughly –
- Planning and recommending methodologies or mix of methodologies that is best suited to solve the problem statement
- Creating a screener document to identify the right participants
- Creating discussion guides and questionnaires to facilitate research sessions
- Moderating the research sessions and analyzing data to identify patterns to create insightful and actionable findings
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to understand their requirements and be able to give recommendations accordingly
- Make impactful presentations – both verbal and written
- Quickly turn around high-quality study plans and reports
Must Have Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a UX Researcher
- Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnography research, diary studies, home visits, focus group discussions
- Experience in delivering end-to-end projects
- Hands on experience following the best practices for user research
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to clients
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior experience working in UX agencies
- Experience with eye tracking and facial recognition tools
- Experience with remote testing tools/platforms like User Zoom, User Testing and diary tools like dScout or Revelation